A good friend of mine recently asked me to recommend to her my favourite cosmetics everything from eye creams to eye shadows to cleanser and lipstick. I thought while I was compiling a list for her I might also share my fav products here.
Moisturizer: Benefit Total Moisture
Concealer (under eye): MAC Moisture Cover in a little bottle with a wand applicator
Concealer (blemishes): MAC
Foundation: Ellis Faas
Mascara: Maybelline ‘Falsies’ Volume express (purple tube)
Brushes: MAC & Stilla
Bronzer: NARS Laguna Bronzer
All Lipsticks: MAC. My favourite MAC lippies are: (pictures below in order)
- Girl About Town (amazing fuchsia colour can be worn very bold or just as a stain, wear with Magenta MAC lip pencil)
- Morange (gorgeous bright pop of orange)
- Lady Danger (matte vivid bright coral-red, wear with MAC Redd lip pencil)
- Full Speed (watermelon coral pink, perfect for a little pop of colour)
- Cherish (Soft muted peachy-beige)
- Blankety (soft pink beige, great nude)
- Vegas Volt (perfect coral)
- Impassioned (amped-up fuchsia)
- Ruby Woo (matte vivid bluish-red)
- Russian Red (matte true bluish red, intense)
Eye cream: Benefit – Eye Con
Eye Shadows: Always MAC. I LOVE my browns and golds as I have blue-green eyes. Here are some of my favourites (pics in order below).
- Woodwinked (Warm antique gold)
- Mulch (Intense golden reddish brown flecked with golden bronze shimmer)
- Antiqued (Ash brown with bronze cast)
- Bronze (Golden brown with golden bronze shimmer)
- Amber Lights (Golden peachy-brown with golden shimmer)
- Twinks (Dirty plum with gold reflects)
- Carbon (intense black) for eyeliner (using an angled eyeliner brush wit water for top & bottom liner)
- Honey lust (Bronze-dipped peach, great for highlighting)
- Coppering (Hi-reflective orange copper)
My fail safe is a combo of Bronze & Amber Lights.
Cream shadows: MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist (metallic dark brown with subtle red pearl)
Cheek & lip tint: Becca. All the colours are gorgeous!
Cleanser: I just buy the simple brand face wipes ( I think they are fantastic for my sensitive and dry skin)
Primer: Stilla or Mecca brand
Lip balm: The Mecca brand is just gorgeous. Smells like candy and I just want to eat it.
Brow pencil: MAC Eyebrows in Fling
Liquid Liner: MAC Fluidline (all the colours are great)
Brushes: I love MAC brushes but there are loads that are similar and cheaper. These are just an outline of the brushes I have in my collection and that I think are really useful. Sephora in the US is fantastic for cheaper (still fantastic) brushes I have a few in my collection too. Don't forget to pick up brush cleaner or you can use gentle shampoo.
- MAC fluff brush: #213
- MAC pencil Brush: #219
- MAC angled liner brush: #266
- MAC short shader brush: #214
- MAC buffer brush: #186
- MAC small duo fiber brush: #188
- MAC powder/blush brush: #192
- MAC foundation brush: #190
- MAC concealer brush: #194
What are you must haves? Who are your go-tos for lipsticks or eyeshadows? Have you found some amazing brushes at reasonable prices? I would love to hear!